Hello, my friends!
Today we are going to talk about proteins, of course.
And, more specifically, about Meat, Poultry, Eggs, Fish & Seafood.
Let's see some vocabulary of meat, poultry and seafood first:
And now, some more fish, divided into white fish, oily fish and shellfish/seafood:
Hmmm.... if you're not a vegetarian, you're probably feeling hungry now! :-P
To finish, let's see how you can ask for your favourite steak at a restaurant with this image:
SPEAKING & WRITING - ACTIVITY.
What about you? Answer these questions!NOTE: If you are a vegetarian, then probably you will not enjoy the following questions.
But, anyway, that's very common English vocabulary and you have to know it!
1) Are you a vegetarian? Why or why not?
2) Do you prefer fish or meat? Why?
3) What's your favourite meat? Why?
4) What poultry do you usually eat at Christmas? Is it your favourite?5) And what's your favourite fish? Why?
6) What about your favourite shellfish/seafood? Why?
7) How often do you eat fish? Do you think it's enough?
8) Do you like eggs? How many eggs a week you have? How do you cook them?9) Have you ever tasted any special meat or fish? (e.g.: from foreign species, such as the kangaroo meat in Europe)
Where? Did you like it? Any reasons why or why not?
10) Which meat or fish you don't like or hate and why?
Well, I hope you know something else about meat, poultry and fish by now.We will go on talking about food soon. Enjoy your meal! :)